Andrew Talcott’s instructions in April of 1852 were to begin his survey where the known Iowa survey ended on the 43°30’ North Latitude, at a point identified as the corner of Townships 99 and 100 North and Ranges 4 and 5 West of the Fifth Principal Meridian which is the Initial Point for all surveys West of the Mississippi River and North of this line. Andrew Talcott and his crew also monumented each Section & ¼ Section corner East to the Mississippi River and West to the Big Sioux River.A replica of the 12” square White Oak Post set in 1852 stands near this location today.This site was dedicated September 11, 2010.
President: Steven A. Jobe
President Elect: Robin Mathews
Past President: Dan Baar
Secretary/Treasurer: James Hentges
Director: Russ Heiling
Director: Tim Wotzka
Copyright 2005-2013, Minnesota Association of County Surveyors. All Rights Reserved.